- This event has passed.
Keeping Haslemere Great
September 20 @ 18:30 - 20:00Free
Town centres everywhere are going through massive change. We have recently seen the closure or limping forward of a number of big name retailers – The House of Fraser, Toys R Us, Maplins and East to name just a few.
What do we need to do to keep our town centre alive and thriving?
Join us for a discussion on thoughts from the Chamber, an update on the Business Improvement District and our plans to revitalise the Chamber website.
An outline of the evening is:
- 18:30 Welcome – Why we are here, what we are seeking to achieve – Craig McGowan, President Haslemere and District Chamber of Trade and Commerce
- 18.35 Future of the High Street: Crisis what crisis?
- Background, general trends, what might things look like – Ian Rowley, Haslemere Bookshop – 10 min
- High Street and Town Centre Attractiveness; what matters to shoppers? – Dr Christoph Teller – 30 min
- Current research
- Possible collaboration to better understand Haslemere shoppers
- Discussion/ Q&A – 15 min
- 19.30 Website; showing off what we have – Innovation Visual
- Plans and objectives, why, where we are going
- Short demo
- 19.55 Wrap up – Craig McGowan
- 20:00 Finish