- This event has passed.
PAAC IT – Cyber Security Training for Staff
January 29 @ 09:00 - 12:00£12 – £48
75% of cyber attacks are from fraudulent emails? Could you recognise one?
Your staff are not only your front line of defence against cyber attacks, but can also be responsible for causing them! Malware most often gets into your systems from spam emails – phishing or spear phishing emails. They trick your users into clicking an attachment or visiting a spoof website. But it can also arrive through users downloading software, from infected flashdrives, from visiting infected websites. In fact almost any seemingly innocuous activity can lead to catching a virus. Some commentators estimate that 70% of infections are caused by your users!
Security Aware Staff are vital to your business
Its vital that your staff are trained to recognise cyber security risks and know what action to take if something happens. If you need further reasons to get your staff trained:
- The GDPR requires that organisations adopt “appropriate technical and organisational measures” to protect personal data – which includes staff training
- When you report a data breach to the ICO, you will be asked if your staff have been trained on data protection
- The courts have ruled that employers can be held liable for the actions or inactions of their staff in relation to data security
A practical and pragmatic course
Our 3 hour training course will provide a practical and pragmatic approach to data protection and security awareness. Key topics included are:
- An overview of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act
- What this means to staff
- The key causes of cyber security breaches, how to recognise them and what to do about them:
- Phishing emails
- Ransomware attacks
- Top tips on keeping safe including
- Safe use of technology
- Password management
- 2 factor authentication and how to set it up
What previous course attendees have to say
“Thank you for presenting ‘The new Era of Data Protection’. We have had very positive feedback from members of staff and the course was a real eye opener for them. All said that you managed to make very boring subject interesting.” The Directors of GTA Civils, Consulting Engineers