We have had a great response to to the BIG Awards across Waverley with some 73 entries received from a broad cross section of businesses and non profits. It now time for the judges to do their stuff and get on with their assessments.
The timetable of activities in the countdown to the awards ceremony on October 19 at the Lythe Hill is:
- 13 September – entries sent to the judges
- 17 September – judges send their results back to the organisers
- 20 Sept – All applicants informed of how they have got on
- 21 Sept – Press release to local media
- 24 – 27 Sept – Video recording of all finalists. To be held in Cranleigh
- 19 Oct – Awards Ceremony commencing 18:45. All entrants entitled to a free ticket, finalists will receive two tickets each.
The judges for the various awards are:
- The Haslemere and District Presidents Award are: Craig McGown (Chamber President), David Round (Haslemere’s Mayor) and Richard Hampson (our Surrey County Councillor);
- Innovation: Edwards Greene Tax Advisory Accountants from Godalming
- Customer Delight: Downs Solicitors from Godalming
- Staff Engagement: Dunsfold Park from Cranleigh
- Community Partnership: Waverley Borough Council
The Awards Ceremony
The awards ceremony will really be something worth attending and held at the prestigious Lythe Hill Hotel. Philip Calvert (a proven and compelling Sales, Marketing & Social Media speaker) will be our compare for the evening.
Go on – book your ticket now!
Finally just a thank you to our local sponsors for making the event possible:
- Blue Dot Display for signage
- Marley Flowers, for guess what?, flowers for the awards ceremony
- The Remarkable Studio for photography
- PAAC IT for award certificates and tent cards
- Haslemere Town Council and Surrey County Council for sponsoring our President’s award
Look forward to seeing many of you at the awards ceremony!