Almost 200 people from across Waverley, including 30 from Haslemere got together on Friday evening to celebrate the best of Waverley organisations at the BIG Awards Ceremony.
We were treat to a wonderful setting and dinner at The Lythe Hill Hotel decorated with magnificent floral arrays on each table from Marley Flowers.
Our guests included a contingent from our principal sponsor, Waverley Borough Council, including Denise Le Gal (Waverley’s Mayor), Julia Potts (Council Leader), Jim Edwards (Economic Development Portfolio Holder, and Catherine Knight (who has been Waverley’s point person on the BIG Awards). We were delighted that the Mayors of the four towns joined us including our own David Round.
And to the winners:
- Haslemere Chamber’s Presidents Award went to Dylans Ice cream with worthy finalists of Haslemere Hall and the Haslemere Chiropractic Clinic
- Godalming Chamber’s Presidents Award was awarded to Innovation Visual and the finalists being Munrostudios CGI and Ritual Coffee UK
- Farnham Chamber’s Presidents Award was won by Branston Adams Accountants with finalists being CGJ Mathias & Son and Kall Kwik Farnham
- Cranleigh Chamber’s Presidents Award went to Hans Christmas Andersen passing the finalists of Idyllic Beauty and Day Spa and Taurus Wines
There was strong competition for the others awards as well:
- Innovation went to Download Learning Ltd with runners up of SI Capital and ClickIQ
- Customer Delight was won by Wedition who narrowly passed by Atrainability and Dylan’s Ice cream
- Staff Engagement, Empowerment and Education went to Carbon Six Digital with finalists of PAAC IT and Innovation Visual
- Community Partnership was awarded to Branston Adams Accountants narrowly ahead ofBakerLaw LLP and Marley Flowers.
A final thank you to our local sponsors:
- Blue Dot Display for the backdrop on the stage
- Marley Flowers for the floral designs
- Remarkable Studio for the wonderful photos
- PAAC IT for the certificates and tent cards; and not forgetting
- Haslemere Town Council and Surrey County Council
This was our first initiative working together as the four Waverley Chambers with Waverley Borough Council.
Our next joint initiative is the proposal for a Business Improvement District. Lets work together to make this an equivalent success.
Photos of the evening can be viewed and download here. All photos are courtesy of Remarkable Studio.